We have upstream laboratory facilities equipped with state-of-the-art technologies to support the development, demonstration and scale-up of bioprocesses.
The micro-Matrix and ambr250 mini bioreactors allow scale-up, high-throughput evaluation and optimisation of critical process parameters. Optimised processes can be scaled-up and demonstrated at laboratory and pilot scale.
Our work is supported by a range of static and shaking CO2 incubators for flask culture. We have a Roche CEDEX HT bioanalyser, COBAS blood gas analyser, ViCell™ automated cell counters and osmometers for in-process sample measurements. We also have -80°C freezers and liquid nitrogen cryobanks for long term storage of cell lines.
Upstream processing activities cover both mammalian and microbial cells as detailed in the respective sections.
Mammalian cell culture capabilities are focused on the use of customer and partner supplied cell lines to produce and optimise the production of a wide range of biopharmaceutical products, recombinant therapeutic proteins and attenuated viruses (eg AAV).
Microbial capabilities are based on the use of a variety of microbial systems for the production of recombinant proteins (soluble and insoluble).
Combined service offering
- Establishment and storage of research cell banks
- Cell line/strain screening and evaluation
- Development of robust and scalable processes using QbD and DoE approaches
- Production and supply of pilot scale materials for downstream process development, analytical testing or other non-GMP studies
- Development of process models