Accelerating vaccine development
Develop, optimise and scale-up of your vaccine candidate using our biologics capabilities
We are a leading deep tech innovation centre and a founding member of the UK’s High Value Manufacturing Catapult. Our teams tirelessly apply their many years of experience to ensure that every great invention gets the best opportunity to become a successfully marketed product or process.
We help companies to develop, prove, and scale-up the next generation of biologic products and processes and provide our partners with access to a range of state-of-the art capabilities.
Access to bioprocess development and scale-up experts.
End-to-end workflow, from small scale to large scale manufacturing.
Access to a diverse range of equipment and expertise specifically in the vaccine development field.
Tech transfer to a client’s manufacturing facility or CMO.
Expertise in formulation, cryopreservation development, forced degradation and stability studies.
Experience in helping clients to reduce batch-batch variability and improve product quality and quantity.
Our vaccine capabilities
The pandemic has highlighted the issues that society and industry face in developing vaccines against current and future threats in a timely, safe, and reliable manner. To support vaccine development, our core capabilities are combined with expert knowledge and infrastructure. We can help you with:
- Creation of master and working cell banks along with viral seed stock.
- Media, seed train, product and titre optimisation using a design of experiment (DOE) approach, utilising our ambr15 and ambr250 automated bioreactor systems.
- Confirmation of optimisation and material generation through a variety of cell culture approaches, including rocker bag system (e.g. Sartorius RM rocker systems), 2L or 10L stirred tank bioreactors or adherent cell culture.
- Cell bank and virus purity, genetic stability and characterisation.
- Experience with the development of adherent or suspension culture systems. Line of sight to scale up with in house capability to 4m2 (adherent) or 50L/200L (suspension).
- Process characterisation analytics, including titre assessments, potency, aggregation, infectivity, presence of adventitious agents and contaminants.
- Platform processes for harvesting and clarification involving depth filtration and TFF options.
- Purification platform development based on chromatography approaches (beaded and non-beaded media i.e. membrane, monolith, other) making use of our automated liquid handling systems and matched analytics.
- Conjugation development experience and development of predictive models.
- Drug substance formulation development – liquid/frozen liquid and lyophilised. Indicative stability testing (using ICH stability conditions).
Read what our experts have to say about vaccine development
Our core capabilities
Accelerate process development.
Improve process yield.
Reduce process variability.
Produce transferable processes.
Improve process economics and scalability.