A GTEM (Gigahertz Transverse Electro Magnetic) cell is a test site for efficiently performing both radiated immunity and emissions testing in a single, controllable and shielded environment. Compared to other test sites, GTEM testing is faster with high accuracy and excellent reproducibility.
The GTEM 500 operating range 1 MHZ — 20 GHz. It has a maximum input power range of 500 W, Peak 2KW. The electromagnetic field distribution inside the cell is TEM mode. In this mode there are no components of electric and magnetic field in the direction of propagation of electromagnetic wave. Therefore, the field components are strictly perpendicular.
Some of the applications are
• EMI and EMS devices
• Radiation and susceptibility test
• Isotropic E‑Field sensors and probes calibration
• Receiver sensitivity test
• Measurement of radiated power and sensitivity of wireless communication equipment’s
• Evaluation of shielding materials