Pack and Fill
Optimising the conveying, dispensing, and packing of powdered formulated goods
Developing a PAT-enabled powder filling line for process optimisation and control
CPI have developed a state-of-the-art powder filling line that uses process analytic technology (PAT) to optimise and control any packing process in real time. Combined with our advanced powder characterisation technology, CPI can address all powder filling problems, including variable pack quality or fill level, poor reliability and frequent stoppages, long change-over times between products, and lengthy trial runs when introducing new packages or products. This open-access facility is suitable for in-house and contract packers of all sizes and allows you to optimise your packing process to ensure consistent quality, saving time and money.
An input is a unique capability, service or method of support that was provided, such as equipment or expertise.
- Technical expertise
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and bespoke engineered equipment.
- Investment as part of CPI’s Formulation Strategic Projects Programme.
An output is the result of the work, such as an experimental finding, an actual product or a pilot demonstrator.
- A state-of-the-art PAT-enabled powder filling line that can be adapted to suit a wide range of products and processes.
- Validation data confirming high levels of accuracy and reproducibility in all operating modes.
- A smaller, mobile PAT rig for initial or in-situ studies.
An outcome arises from implementing the outputs, for example, a profit, an investment, providing jobs or delivering societal benefits. Outcomes continue once an innovation has been implemented and deliver benefit every year.
- Provision of a flexible, open-access facility to UK industry, capable of optimising the powder packing process, and investigating this often-overlooked part of the fast moving consumer goods supply chain.