Developing a ballistic and stab protective composite structure
Supporting the development of GC Shield™
UK Based SME Graphene Composites (GC) has worked closely with CPI to accelerate the development of their novel product from early proof of concept through to pilot scale production.
An input is a unique capability, service or method of support that was provided, such as equipment or expertise.
- Technical knowledge and expertise
- ERDF Investment
- Prototype development
- Access to CPI’s extensive network
An output is the result of the work, such as an experimental finding, an actual product or a pilot demonstrator.
- Pilot production of prototypes
- TRL progression from 1 to 8
- Collaboration with Industry and Academia
- Technology proven against industry standards
- CTO seconded from CPI
An outcome arises from implementing the outputs, for example, a profit, an investment, providing jobs or delivering societal benefits. Outcomes continue once an innovation has been implemented and deliver benefit every year.
- Over £750k funding secured
- Secured US National Institute of Justice and UK Home Office standards for ballistic protection
- Patents pending
- First orders received
- Innovation in Materials Finalist at the Composites UK Industry Awards