AFC Energy Plc
06 Jan 2012
CPI was approached to conduct due diligence consultancy work on AFC’s fuel cell systems to analyse its performance, durability, cost effectiveness and mass manufacturability. CPI have produced three reports for AFC Energy within the past 24 months which have had a major impact on the business.
AFC Energy’s technology is low-cost, low-temperature and low-pressure. AFC Energy boast world-leading partners including AkzoNobel, Ineos, Centrica, Air Products, WSP Group and Linc Energy. The technology is gaining momentum across a range of markets including chlor-alkaline, waste-to-energy, clean coal and natural gas. CPI was asked to conduct due diligence consultancy work on AFC’s fuel cell systems to analyse its performance, durability, cost effectiveness and mass manufacturability. CPI has produced three reports for AFC Energy within the past 24 months.
- AFC has developed 3.5kW prototype fuel cell units which are currently being demonstrated in Germany.
- AFC is also working on a 50kW prototype unit as a means for MW scale deployment in this sector.
- AFC has commercial agreement with a major chlorine manufacturer in Europe and is developing further businesses for the UK based chlorine manufacturers.
- AFC has a portfolio of highly valuable patents related to its novel electrodes, system configuration and electronic control systems.
- AFC is currently working in collaboration with CPI for developing of processes for mass manufacturing of system components and developing further routes to market.
Let’s innovate together
To find out more about how we can work together, please enter your details below.