The Centre for Process Innovation is fully committed to:
- providing a safe place of work for all employees, visitors, customers, clients, and contractors.
- providing a workplace which promotes the health and well-being of our employees; and,
- protecting the environment by minimising impact from operations.
Through effective risk management, CPI will strive to ensure its operations are suitably assessed with the risks reduced to levels which are as low as is reasonably practicable.
The Leadership Team has primary responsibility for ensuring this policy is implemented — from the CEO via line management — through the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and their supporting legislation.
To achieve these aims, CPI will:
- demonstrate leadership and management commitment to SHE and aspire to set and meet standards beyond compliance obligations;
- identify, assess, and provide adequate control of SHE risks associated with its operations and set annual objectives and to drive continual improvement;
- operate on the basis of delivering SHE performance using practical means to avoid harm to people, property and the environment;
- empower employees to take responsibility for SHE issues with respect to their own and others’ wellbeing;
- provide appropriate SHE development and training to increase employee awareness and promote a positive, proactive SHE culture;
- have effective emergency plans;
- prevent pollution of the environment by ensuring effective waste-management measures are in place and making responsible use of resources;
- conduct operations such that we maximise resource efficiency and minimise waste and CO2 emissions by thorough consideration of our impact on the environment;
- actively engage with contractors, suppliers, and business partners to assess their commitment to SHE and this policy as part of the selection criteria;
- operate an open and transparent incident reporting and investigation culture such that the company can learn from incidents, and to identify improvements, as necessary;
- regularly assess, review, and improve SHE performance in compliance with related procedures through regular safety audits and housekeeping/safe behaviour tours.
CPI requires all employees, visitors, customers, clients, contractors, and suppliers to be committed in the support and implementation of this policy. It will be displayed at all CPI premises and reviewed on an annual basis.
Chief Executive Officer
CPI Group of Companies