Safety, Health and Environment Policy
Our SHE policy applies to our staff and everyone who works for us
The Centre for Process Innovation is fully committed to:
- providing a safe environment for all employees, visitors, customers, clients and contractors;
- providing and fostering a culture that promotes the health and well-being of our employees;
- protecting the environment by minimising impact from operations.
Through effective risk management, CPI will strive to ensure its operations are suitably assessed with the risks reduced to levels which are as low as is reasonably practicable.
The Leadership Team has primary responsibility for ensuring this policy is implemented — from the CEO via line management and every employee — through the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and supporting legislation.
To achieve these aims, CPI will:
- demonstrate leadership and management commitment to SHE and work to meet standards beyond compliance obligations;
- promote a proactive SHE culture built on positive behaviours that empowers employees to take responsibility for SHE issues with respect to their own and others’ well-being;
- assess and control SHE risks associated with its operations, including having effective emergency plans and setting annual objectives to drive continual improvement;
- use practical means such as training to ensure employees have the requisite competency for their roles;
- take into account ethical concerns when carrying out research involving human subjects
- reduce impact on the environment by maximising our sustainability & resource efficiency, minimising waste and CO2 emissions, preventing pollution and ensuring effective waste-management measures are in place;
- pro-actively engage with contractors, suppliers and business partners to assess their commitment to SHE as part of the selection criteria;
- operate an open and transparent incident reporting & investigation culture such that the company can learn from incidents and behaviours and implement improvements;
- conduct regular safety audits and housekeeping/safe behaviour tours, to monitor SHE performance and identify improvements.
Chief Executive Officer
CPI Group of Companies