The Centre for Process Innovation — providing a safe place of work for all employees, visitors
- providing a work place which promotes
- protecting the environment by minimising impact from operations
Through effective risk management, CPI will strive to ensure its operations are suitably assessed with levels which are as low as is reasonably practicable.
The Leadership Team has primary responsibility for ensuring this policy is implemented —from the CEO via line management — through the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and their supporting legislation.
To achieve these aims, CPI will:
- demonstrate leadership and management commitment to SHE and aspire to set and meet standards beyond compliance obligations;
- identify, assess and provide adequate control of SHE risks associated with its operations and set annual objectives and to drive continual improvement;
- operate on the basis of delivering SHE performance using practical means to avoid harm to people, property and the environment;
- empower employees to take responsibility for SHE issues with respect to their own and others’ wellbeing;
- provide appropriate SHE development and training to increase employee awareness and promote a positive, proactive SHE culture;
- have effective emergency plans;
- formulate an energy reduction strategy, and reduce travel where practical to assist with CO2 reduction by promoting video conferencing;
- prevent pollution of the environment by ensuring effective waste management measures are in place and making responsible use of resources;
- minimise waste by following principles of resource efficiency, and increase energy efficiency by implementing energy saving measures where reasonably practicable;
- actively engage with contractors, suppliers and business partners to assess their this policy as part of the selection criteria;
- operate an open and transparent incident reporting and investigation culture such that the company can learn from incidents and to identify improvements as necessary;
- regularly assess, review and improve SHE performance in compliance with related procedures through regular safety audits and housekeeping/safe behaviour tours.
CPI requires all employees, visitors, customers, clients, contractors and suppliers to be committed in the support and implementation of this policy. It will be displayed at all CPI premises, and reviewed on an annual basis.
Nigel Perry MBE FREng
Chief Executive Officer
CPI Group of Companies