Our response to COVID-19 Coronavirus
Last Updated: 23/03/2020 This page is continually reviewed and likely to change in response to the changing nature of the risk and latest Government advice. The information below is correct as of the date above.
We recognise that our customers may be worried about the impact of Covid-19 and our ability to continue to provide services to partners. We have taken all necessary steps to mitigate the impact on our business and remain fully operational. We will continue to monitor developments closely and check, modify and update our plans in accordance with Government advice.
Our response seeks to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families, slow the spread of the virus, minimise disruption to our operations and maintain the delivery of projects for our partners.
As part of our commitment to our partners and staff, we have enacted our Business Continuity Plan. Our plan has been developed to ensure our business is resilient to unforeseen events and external factors and is protected against risk.
The welfare of our people is our number one priority and we are taking all recommended steps to support and protect them in line with guidance from Government and Public Health England. This includes remote working where possible, restricting all travel and limiting access to non-essential visitors at our sites.
Here are some of the steps we are taking;
- Restricted all non-essential travel
- Restricted all visitors to our site unless business-critical
- Implemented remote working for the vast majority of our staff using Skype and VPN services to remain productive and continue to support our partners
- Cancelled or rescheduled all large meetings, hosting or attendance at events
- Added extra hygiene measures and increased cleaning across all of our sites
- Our technical teams are operating under updated safety, hygiene and social distancing guidelines to remain healthy and continue to deliver for our partners effectively
- Actively exploring and supporting activities to fight the virus utilising our science and expertise.
Our partners in the High Value Manufacturing Catapult are co-ordinating effort to supporting the UK Government in the manufacture of vital medical equipment, such as ventilators. They are seeking skills and expertise alongside manufacturing capacity to support this effort. Think you can help?Find out more
We’ll keep you updated.
This is a fast-moving and unprecedented situation for all of us. Our promise is to stay transparent, look after our people and their families and continue to deliver for our partners.
Stay safe and take care of each other.