National Biologics Manufacturing Centre — Update
20 Nov 2014
The National Biologics Manufacturing Centre, located in Darlington, is currently under construction and progressing well. Please see below the summarised update on progress.
- The Centre is open for business now through our laboratory and clean room set up at the Wilton Site.
- Capabilities at Wilton as set-up today are analytical, downstream processing and high throughput process development.
- Process equipment tendering is 90% complete with 70% specified.
- The facility in Darlington is proceeding well and will be watertight by January.
- The build is on target for an official opening event in quarter 2 2015.
- Access to the build commences 10th April and progressively all 129 equipment items will be brought on-line from then. Process equipment will be online in Darlington and ready to deliver the current awarded CR&D projects; Horizon 2020 project ‘Nanomanufacturing’ with Midatech starting June 2015, IB Catalyst project with Arecor and FFDB starting May 2015 and IB Catalyst project with Horizon and Manchester University December 2015.
- The informatics infrastructure implementation will commence in December.
- CPI has recruited a team of highly skilled scientists and engineers who are currently running as a cohesive unit out of our temporary offices at Teeside University, Darlington.
- The proximity to site is enabling us to work closely with Interserve on the design, build and coordination of CPI moving into the facility.
- We will be looking to grow our team of highly skilled scientists and engineers to meet the demand required to deliver both themes and projects.
- We will be delighted to explore potential collaborations and business opportunities with you
Let’s innovate together
To find out more about how we can work together, please enter your details below.