From Nanomaterials to realising the Internet of Things event
Advanced functional materials supporting high-speed roll to roll integration of hybrid electronics
Join the partners of the EU funded Horizon 2020 project, Nano-Enabled Conducting Materials Accelerating Device Applicability (NECOMADA), at their event showcasing the pilot line. Talks and workshop activities will cover a wide range of topics from novel nanomaterial production, through formulating with advanced materials and their inclusion in functional IoT devices. Find out how the pilot line can be used to support and upscale new IoT opportunities across a range of market sectors and join hands-on workshops on formulation, printing and electronic integration.
At the event you will hear from industry experts, what the market drivers are within specific markets and how technology is at the point where it can be used within wider consumer markets to get significant benefits. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a hands-on workshop using the state of art facilities at CPI. Developing advanced functional materials to deliver customised conductive inks and flexible adhesives, compatible with volume manufacture of hybrid and large area electronics.
The consortium is made up of nanomaterial suppliers, chip and integrated circuit manufacturers, and businesses with a demand for what has been made. Join them for this exciting event and come away with an understanding of this technology which will be at the forefront of IoT opportunities within the consumer sector and start getting benefits for your business today. Hosted at CPI’s facilities in Sedgefield specialising in formulation and printed electronics.
Please note the second day of the event includes the activities and numbers are limited. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. Click on the button below to register your attendance.
12:00pm – Registration, Lunch & Refreshments
13:00pm – Presentation – Welcome to CPI & Necomada
13:30pm – Nanomaterial Pilot line Service
14:10pm – Presentation from FIOH
14:25pm — High-Throughput Line for Formulation
15:15pm – Break
15:30pm — Case Studies – A perspective from Industry
15:50pm — Life Cycle Assessment (Fraunhofer)
16:10pm – Networking
8:30am – Refreshments and Registrations
9:00am — Welcome
09:45am — Activities – Two Groups
- Introduction to screen printing
- To provide you with hands-on experience of manual screen printing and attendees will take away a screen printed design
- Circuit assembly and integration
- To show how to deposit adhesives and manually place circuit components
11:45am – Lunch
12:30pm – Activities – Two Groups
- Introduction to ink formulation
- The session will give hands-on experience of mixing, depositing and testing a conductive screen ink with variations in the loading of 2 key components
- Demonstration of materials characterisation
- The session will demonstrate the use of microscopy to image conductive/magnetic particles and interferometry for looking at track profiles and surface roughness of coatings
14:30pm – Break
15:00pm – Wrap Up and Close-Out presentation