North East Automotive Expo 2021
The region’s flagship automotive exhibition and networking event.
Returning to its home at the Beacon of Light, Sunderland, the North East Automotive Expo 2021 promises to provide an excellent platform to reconnect the region’s automotive sector.
Together with the keynote speaker, Britishvolt, and our strong sponsor and supporter line-up, you can expect the latest industry insights, meet the buyer opportunities, interactive features and key activities designed to meet your business needs.
The flagship exhibition will connect suppliers and technology providers face-to-face with the exemplar automotive community, to facilitate business and knowledge exchange right there on the show floor. It’s the perfect mechanism to support your recovery and expansion!
Main Stage Agenda
- 09.30am-09.45am: NEAA Welcome — Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA
- 09.45am-10.00am: Main Sponsor Welcome — Patrick Melia, Chief Executive, Sunderland City Council
- 10.00am-10.30am: Keynote Speaker: Britishvolt
- 11.00am-12.00pm: Electrification
- 11.00am-11.20am: North East Electrification Capability and UK Eco System – Ryan Maughan, Chairman, EV North
- 11.20am-11.30am: Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centres (DER-IC) — North East – Rachel Chambers, Chief Operating Office, DER-IC — North East
- 11.30am-12.00pm: EV North Open Forum Panel
- 1.00pm‑2.00pm: Industrial Digitisation
- 1.00pm‑1.15pm: NEAA Industrial Digitalisation — Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA
- 1.15pm‑1.30pm: Manufacturing Made Smarter
- 1.30pm‑1.45pm: Made Smarter Adoption North East Programme – Karl McCracken, NELEP
- 1.45pm‑2.00pm: Collaborative research project to evaluate new and emerging ‘smart’ technologies
- 2.30pm‑2.50pm: 5G Connected Automated Logistics (CAL)
- 5G-Enabled CAL Project Update — Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA