National Packaging Innovation Centre – Stakeholder Webinar
Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (LCR CA) is creating a Future Packaging Cluster, where innovation leadership and supply chain collaboration will stimulate high-value job creation, increased R&D spending and greater market share for innovators in the UK packaging value chain. Central to this proposition will be the £60m National Packaging Innovation Centre (NPIC), a nationally/internationally significant open-access centre to:
- Provide access to industrially relevant capabilities and expertise for packaging innovation development and demonstration;
- Facilitate collaboration across current and future packaging supply and value chains;
- Catalyse an eco-system for growth and productivity through opportunities presented by disruptive and market-creating innovation and its commercialisation.
Efforts are now live towards securing public funding for NPIC in line with the forthcoming Government Autumn CSR. This proposal seeks a £20M investment from the UK Government, and will leverage an additional £40M from a combination of regional and private sector contributions led by Unilever.
In this webinar we will:
- Present NPIC scope and outline business case, following a 9‑month consultation with all parts of the packaging value chain.
- Gather feedback to refine the proposal for optimal stakeholder benefit.
- Share details of next steps and encourage wider stakeholder engagement.