KTN: Global Research & Innovation in plastics sustainability
Global Research and Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS) is a conference, exhibition and showcase that will be held online. It is hosted by the UK Circular Plastics Network, organised by KTN and supported by Innovate UK, EPSRC and UKRI. Its aim is to bring together companies and individuals to highlight the best of the UK and selected international activities which will lead to plastics and persistent polymers being less likely to reach landfills, end up incinerated, or become fugitive in the environment.
Global Research and Innovation in Plastics Sustainability is a conference, exhibition and showcase that will be held on 16th – 18th March 2021 online. It will bring together companies and individuals to highlight the best of the UK and selected international activities which will lead to plastics* being less likely to reach landfill, end up incinerated, or become fugitive in the environment.
Research and innovation from both the academic and industrial community will be showcased. The event will provide a platform to help develop commercial success of these developments and build links within the polymer/plastics supply chain to strengthen the offer to UK and wider international actors in application sectors such as plastic packaging/FMCG, construction, agriculture, textiles, healthcare, etc. *including tyres, synthetic textiles and bio-based or compostable polymers.
Registration is free to delegates
What’s on at GRIPS 2021?
- Exhibition and conference
- Online attendee networking platform
- Academic speaker programme of cutting-edge research in plastics, including behaviour change and business modelling
- Business led programme of innovations in plastic sustainability
- Pitching event – highlighting a UK & international funded projects
- A seminar session showcasing Research Councils support for plastics and polymers research
- Student poster session
- Investment panel where potential investable ideas will be presented