Introduction to Horizon Europe Webinar
Welcome to the next EU Framework Programme: Horizon Europe! We are pleased to present this introductory webinar so you can get prepared before the first funding calls are announced, start thinking about who you would like to collaborate and form partnerships with, and to have all the information you need in advance.
The UK aims to maintain a close relationship with European partners in the next European research and innovation Framework Programme: Horizon Europe. The programme has a projected budget of over EUR 95.5 billion, to be distributed between 2021 and 2027 and represents a significant opportunity for UK companies to access finance for research and development and innovation. It is an opportunity to form collaborations in new supply chains, for SMEs to build relationships with multinational partners, and gives a route for businesses to reach new markets, facilitating uptake of new technologies by end users and customers. The collaboration is important – it is not just about funding.
We are delighted to be joined by a keynote speaker from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), who will give an overview of the UK’s strategic priorities for collaborative Research and Innovation, as well as providing an update on the UK’s current position on association and participation in Horizon Europe. We will then introduce Horizon Europe in more detail, and cover the following:
- New programme structure, including new partnerships and missions
- Support for innovators and innovative companies through the European Innovation Council
- Pillar 2: Introduction to the Clusters
- Case studies of successful applicants of the predecessor Horizon 2020
- Details of who is eligible, when and how to apply for funding.
The webinar will also offer an opportunity for delegates to learn about the support available to applicants via the National Contact Points (NCPs), Innovate UK EDGE (formerly Enterprise Europe Network – EEN) and KTN Global Alliance.
Who should attend?
This online webinar is open to UK as well as European delegates with an interest in participating in European collaborative projects in Horizon Europe.
- 10:00 – Welcome | Viola Hay, KTN
- 10:05 – Keynote Address | Speaker TBC, BEIS
- 10:30 – Introduction to Horizon Europe – Stephen Alexander, National Contact Point (NCP) for Legal & Financial Issues & Anni Laihanen, National Contact Point (NCP) for Culture, Creative and Inclusive Society
- 11:30 – Q&A
- 12:00 – Close / Next steps | Viola Hay, KTN
- Anni Laihanen | National Contact Point (NCP)
- Stephen Alexander | National Contact Point (NCP)
- Viola Hay | KTN