Formulation Forum Launch Event
This is the first in a series of annual events where participants will learn about formulation science related activities (UK & wider) both currently running and planned.
This event will also provide an unparalleled opportunity to meet, build partnerships and network with other members of the community. There will be opportunities to openly raise, identify and discuss opportunities and current challenges in workshops, and to propose paths forward to realise the opportunities and address the challenges.
In recent decades, many formulations have been considered too complex to understand scientifically, with the consequence that formulation design has often been treated as a “black box”. Consequently, formulation is often undertaken pragmatically with relatively little questioning or understanding of the processes involved in formulation of a successful product. However, rapid progress in the scientific understanding underpinning formulation design now provides the opportunity to produce better, smarter formulations more quickly. In addition, new scientific challenges shown up during formulation provide exciting opportunities for academic researchers and students looking to apply creative skills to industrially important challenges. This is a perfect time for industry and academia to collaborate to further advance the science underpinning formulation of successful new products.
Formulation Forum events are open to major companies, SMEs, academics, and students from all areas, including scientists, engineers, patent attorneys, marketing experts and business managers.
- The Formulation Forum is new and run by people who are enthusiastic about advancing formulation related science.
- The Formulation Forum is a place where business can openly discuss their needs with academia and formulation experts in a receptive, non-competitive environment.
- It is a place for academia to openly discuss ideas with business.
- It is a place where students can learn about scientific challenges and future career opportunities in formulation.
- The Formulation Forum acts as a catalyst for the creation of new projects.
- It is a place for people interested in formulation & formulation science.
- For academics there is an opportunity to learn of new scientific challenges and consequent collaborations.