bsi. Food Chain Sustainability- Innovation and the Circular Economy
What’s this webinar about?
Following on from the food waste and net zero webinar in January, this time we’re looking at innovative approaches to sustainability issues and the circular economy. We’ll cover the role of standards, some of the practical solutions that innovators in the food chain are working on, plus how others in the food industry can recognize and incorporate innovations in their own supply chains.
Who should attend the webinar?
- Food (manufacturing, retail)
- Retail brands
What will participants gain?
- First-hand inspiration from sector innovators
- Fresh ideas on how to support the circular economy and create more sustainable food systems
- An overview of how standards across the food chain are impacting sustainability and net zero targets
- A post-event copy of the webinar presentations and a recording
10:00 — 10:10 Welcome and introduction - Sara Walton, Sector Lead (Food), British Standards Institution (BSI)
10:10 — 10:50 Panel Discussion — Innovation, sustainability and the food chain
Key sustainability issues that can be tackled from within the UK food chain
- Industrial biotech and the food chain — Debbie McCreath, Public Affairs Manager, IBioIC
- An incentive-based approach for improving food safety, sustainability and traceability — Dr Lili Jia, Senior Researcher, Institute for Manufacturing, Cambridge University
- Biotechnology response for new foods production: developing quality growth media for cultivated meat (using source product from food chain) — Cai Linton, Co-founder and CEO, Multus Media
10:50 — 11:30 Panel Discussion — Food chain – reuse, recycling and the circular economy
Food product used in aspects of the circular economy
- Food sector goals for Net Zero, carbon reduction targets – FDF roadmap and survey — Emma Mansbridge, Senior Sustainability and Environmental Policy Executive, Food and Drink Federation (FDF)
- Recycling coffee grounds into sustainable product — George May, Managing Director, bio-bean Limited
- Decarbonising heating and liquid fuels: HVO – recycling cooking oils — Malcolm Farrow, Head of Public Affairs, OFTEC
- Reuse and recycling of food manufacturing machinery & foodservice equipment - Paul Fieldhouse, Head of Business Development, Ramco UK
11:30 — 11:55 Q&A and panel discussion
11:55 — 12:00 Summary and close of the webinar