CPI and Durham University have launched a joint programme to deliver the Collaborative Outreach to SME’s in Applied Surface Engineering Technologies (COAST).
SMEs will have access to:
- World class research
- Outstanding technical personnel
- Experienced product development specialists
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- A wide range of characterisation techniques
- Business support
Participants are expected to come from a wide range of industries including:
- Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical
- Battery Technology
- Personal Care Products
- Polymers and Composites
- Speciality Chemicals
The programme will also cover:
- Feasibility study
- Incorporation of nano-technology in the development of new and/or improved products, materials and processes
- Highlighting potential supply chain opportunities for SMEs
- Support for proof of concept and bringing new ideas to market
- Support for creating prototypes to demonstrate to the end users
- Opportunities to participate in collaborative projects and bids
The programme aims to develop a collaborative SME Cluster in Surface and Materials Science. We invite SMEs of all sizes to engage with us to find out how we can support your businesses. This Support Programme will be provided under both De Minimis state Aid and GBER Article 28 Aid Scheme. Prior to receiving the support you will be required to complete a short eligibility form.
About the Partners
CPI is a UK based technology innovation centre and the process element of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult.
CPI collaborates with companies of all sizes to help overcome innovation challenges in the development of next generation products and processes. Operating across a broad range of technologies, we support our partners at every step of the supply chain, helping to translate ideas from concept to market.
Durham University is consistently ranked as one of the world’s leading universities as shown by its position within World Top 100 global league tables.
It is renowned for its strength in teaching and research and is looking to collaborate with SMEs in the Durham area where its unique knowledge base can be leveraged to support the development of this region.