Apprentice Office AdministratorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Would you like to join an award-winning apprenticeship programme at an exciting organisation?
CPI has a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Office Administrator to join the Administration team based at The National Industrial Biotechnology Facility within the Wilton Centre, Redcar.
We are looking for a candidate who is keen to learn and would like to develop their skills in an administrative role. This varied role will give you valuable hands-on experience learning about how CPI operates, as well as receiving paid work experience, continued training and mentoring by CPI.
In this busy and exciting administrative role, you will have the opportunity to obtain new skills along with the potential for further development into other roles. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will continue to develop your skills to provide high-quality administration support and deliver excellent customer service. You will take part in administrative activities and support other CPI functions when required, adding to levels of variety in the role.
Some examples of career paths those who have completed the Office Administration Apprenticeship with CPI have gone on to do are:
HR Assistant (then progressed to HR Advisor)
Project Assistant (then progressed to Junior Project Manager)
You will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support and ensuring excellent customer management, to enable the achievement of business objectives.
This is a dynamic administrative role in which you will be trained and well supported to develop your administrative skills. Whilst discovering more about the wide range of opportunities and roles within CPI, you will also be encouraged to gain experience in the areas that really interest you.
Key tasks in the role will include (but are not limited to the below), please download the job description for full details.
- To provide support to the office administrators in ensuring compliance with all relevant SHE regulations and guidelines relevant to office space, including DSE assessments.
- To assist CPI Staff in arranging travel and accommodation both inside and outside of the UK following the travel procedure and ensuring best value for money.
- To provide reception duties, answering the main switchboard and dealing appropriately with all calls and taking messages.
- To assist with all visitors, including tours to facilities, managing the PPE supplies, and ensuring all visitors to CPI are received and hosted appropriately.
- To arrange and ensure the smooth running of meetings, including the co-ordination of room bookings, collating papers, and ensuring refreshments are available.
- To raise purchase orders as requested, placing orders as appropriate using the correct procedure and always ensuring best value for money.
- To assist with inductions for all new starters, including ensuring appropriate office accommodation, IT and phones are available.
- To conduct general office duties as required including photocopying, scanning, ordering stationery and other consumables.
- To be responsible for booking and monitoring the meeting rooms.
- To take part in other admin activities and support other functions of the business as and when required. Any additional activities undertaken will be commensurate with the level of this role.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
We are offering the opportunity to study as a Business Administration Apprentice where you will develop professional-level, job specific skills while studying towards your qualification and earning a salary. Incorporated into this is our Professional Skills Development Programme, giving you the opportunity to work alongside others within CPI towards achieving specific targets on a social action project.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will gain a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration.
The person we are seeking
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent), holding a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics at grade 9 – 5 / A*- C (or be willing to work towards)
- Have experience of using Microsoft Office systems (such as Word, Excel, etc).
- Be able to plan daily tasks.
- Be proactive in your approach to work tasks and have the initiative to consider all options before arriving at a conclusion.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a variety of formats.
- Have attention to detail and the desire to complete work to a high standard.
- Display a professional attitude to work, maintaining a high standard of time keeping, respect and reliability.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and managing a high volume and varied workload.
- Experience of working in an admin environment.
- Experience of coordinating events, appointments, and meetings.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Fixed Term (24 months)
Please note, this role is not eligible for refer a friend.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.