Placement StudentApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
The use of messenger RNA (mRNA) products clinically has been catalysed by a need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to develop vaccines under unprecedented timelines, supported by advancements in the understanding of RNA, stability and delivery mechanisms leading the recent rapid advances in the field.
This placement provides an opportunity to contribute to the planning and delivery of experiments to explore high-throughput approaches to optimisation of mRNA in-vitro transcription, as well as gaining exposure to other specialisms such as purification and analytics. This work will support CPI in developing high-throughput screening platforms which can be used to support other organisations with their new or existing mRNA products.
- To contribute to the planning, optimisation and scale up of in vitro transcription reactions to produce mRNA.
- To gain hands on experience planning and delivering synthetic biology related experiments
- To use high throughput tools such as liquid handling robots and Design of experiments to support high throughput needs
- To adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality and best practice procedures
- To plan and execute experimental work to a high standard
- To carry out necessary document writing, data interpretation, presentation and statistical analysis.
The person we are seeking
We are looking to recruit a placement student to be based in the upstream team. We are looking for an individual with the following skills:
- To be a motivated self-starter who can work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- To maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail consistently
- To have excellent written and verbal communication
The successful candidate must be currently undertaking education at BSc or MSc level in a related discipline.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.