HR AdvisorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
We’re embracing hybrid working to build a happier, more productive, and environmentally conscious workplace. Discover more about our new flexible working approach.Read more
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
At CPI, our incredible people are at the heart of everything we do, meaning we continuously strive to enhance our people offering whilst continuing to grow at pace as a company. To help drive our people initiatives, we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join our growing team. In this role you will report to the Senior HR Business Partner, and will provide guidance to managers and employees across the business on all things from HR policies and procedures to employee relations queries.
The HR team currently consists of 2 HR Advisors, 1 Senior HR Business Partner, 3 HR Business Partners, 1 HR Operations Manager, 3 HR Assistants, 2 HR/L&D Apprentices, 1 HR Placement Student and 5 L&D Specialists. The HR & L&D teams are led by the Head of People and the Head of L&D who report into the Chief People Officer. Through effective internal teamwork, we work purposefully to deliver an incredible employee experience for our people. We are solutions-focused and empowered to deliver HR excellence.
As the HR Advisor, you will play a fundamental role in the delivery of HR service excellence, acting as the first point of contact for advisory support from employees and managers within the business. You will be required to provide high quality and up to date guidance on employment law and company policies, as well as managing a varied ER caseload (with cases relating to performance, disciplinary and grievance, sickness absence). In addition, you will lead a small to medium sized project, which contributes to the overall delivery of CPI’s people plan and objectives. Key duties for this role include:
- To ensure legislative procedures and policy standards are understood and adhered to by managers and employees, through advice, guidance, and coaching.
- To take the lead in managing all processes relating to absence and wellbeing (such as becoming a parent, sickness, occupational health and relevant health insurances), as well as offering guidance to employees and line managers. This includes ensuring all recommendations are followed up and reviewed.
- To work closely with the HR Business Partners, supporting and managing performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures, ensuring those involved are equipped to handle ER cases.
- To provide knowledge and expertise on Company policies, employment law, learning & development interventions and best practice with line managers, employees and the wider HR team. This will be done through a variety of formats such as face to face/virtual drop-in sessions, information/training sessions, guidance documents and one-to-one/team meetings.
- To provide the continuous improvement of the service provided by the HR team through contribution to the annual People Plan and other projects as required.
- To enable organisational change initiatives by being involved in People Plan projects and contributing own ideas.
To extract and manipulate data from the HR system and provide accurate insights to CPI through a variety of formats.
We are open to candidates working majority in office or a hybrid approach in office and home. It is expected that the successful candidate will attend the Wilton office as required for team meetings, with regular travel to our other sites in Darlington and Sedgefield.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for someone passionate about their career in HR, who wants to surround themselves within a team of high performing and dedicated HR & L&D professionals. Candidates must be highly effective communicators and have a strong desire to build trusted relationships around the business.
Knowledge and education
- The ideal candidate would have a CIPD level 5 in people management.
- Good level of knowledge in employment law and applying it practically in the workplace across all areas of the employee lifecycle
Skills and experience
- Generalist experience in HR process and policy surrounding recruitment, absence management, learning and development and performance
- Proficient in gathering, manipulating and presenting information in a variety of different formats for different audiences.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.