HR AssistantApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
At CPI, our incredible people are at the heart of everything we do, meaning we continuously strive to enhance our people offering whilst continuing to grow at pace as a company. To help drive our people initiatives, we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Assistant to join our growing team. In this role you will report to the HR Operations Manager, and will provide administrative support to the Human Resources team in relation to the full employee lifecycle and HR Operational work. It is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to gain valuable experience in in the Human Resources function within a fast-growing organisation!
The HR team currently consists of 2 HR Advisors, 1 Senior HR Business Partner, 3 HR Business Partners, 1 HR Operations Manager, 3 HR Assistants, 2 HR/L&D Apprentices, 1 HR Placement Student and 5 L&D Specialists. The HR & L&D teams are led by the Head of People and the Head of L&D who report into the Chief People Officer. Through effective internal teamwork, we work purposefully to deliver an incredible employee experience for our people. We are solutions-focused and empowered to deliver HR excellence.
As the HR Assistant, you will play a fundamental role within our HR team, providing accurate, efficient, and confidential administrative support to the HR team. You will be working in a fast paced and varied environment, and through the delivery of your day-to-day activities, you will gain exposure to many aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, reward and recognition and much more. Key duties for this role include:
- To support the end-to-end recruitment process which includes managing applications, arranging interviews and offering roles to successful candidates. Ensuring that the Applicant Tracking System is up to date and accurate at all times.
- To support the new starter onboarding experience by preparing and sending new starter contracts, setting up personnel files and collating new starter information such as references and medical checks.
- To administer HR related documentation including contracts and letters, with appropriate confidentiality via our document management system.
- To administer all activities relating to Learning and Development, which includes coordinating and booking training, including liaising with training suppliers. In addition, supporting the coordination of all internal and externally delivered development programmes.
- To ensure all employee information is accurately recorded and maintained in our HR system (this includes personnel and pay information, training records etc.). Ensuring that this information is stored and accessed in a compliant way according to CPI’s various business standards (GDPR, GMP etc.).
The person we are seeking
We are looking for someone who is looking for a career in HR, who wants to surround themselves within a team of high performing and dedicated HR & L&D professionals.
Knowledge and education
Educated to Level 3 (or equivalent) in an admin/HR/business related subject.
It is desirable if you were Educated to CIPD Level 3.
Skills and experience
Experience of working in a busy office environment and managing high volume and varied workload ideally with some experience of HR administration tasks.
Experience of business systems to process information accurately and efficiently.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.