Placement Student – Business DevelopmentApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
We’re embracing hybrid working to build a happier, more productive, and environmentally conscious workplace. Discover more about our new flexible working approach.Read more
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic student to support the business development team at CPI grow income and contribution and contribute to the successful and sustainable growth of CPI.
This opportunity will give you experience working within a leading technology innovation centre, engaging in a broad variety of sectors such as net zero, sustainability, new battery materials and complex medicines, with the aim to advance innovation in these areas. Within the role you will support the growth, development and commercial advancement of UK and global companies in the area and may include elements of the following activities:
- Prospecting for (identification and initial communication to) new clients.
- Prospecting for commercial opportunities in the UK and globally.
- Qualification of leads.
- Learning about and inputting appropriate data to CPI’s Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Supporting the existing business development cohort at CPI.
- Supporting the existing Sales Operations team to add value to customer management and maintenance.
Please note: the location of this role can be fully office based or a combination of home working and office (main base in Sedgefield). Travel may be required to other CPI sites in the region.
The person we are seeking
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a strong interest in business development and being in a customer facing role. An interest or previous study in scientific or maths field would be advantageous.
- Be looking to advance your knowledge in the areas of customer interaction, sales, and sales process understanding.
- Be good at relationship building and possesses excellent listening skills.
- Be expected to demonstrate empathy and client centricity, have resilience, and be enthusiastic and eager to learn new things and help solve problems.
- Be confident and comfortable at grasping and explaining complex technical concepts if needed.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Fixed term for 12 months from July 2024, 37 hours per week.
Hybrid (Home/Office) (Sedgefield for office base).
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.