Strategic Partnerships Manager x 2Apply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As the Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will lead the implementation of CPIs regional strategy within your territory and will create, grow and maintain critical, impactful partnerships with key regional organisations. These organisations will be leading academic institutions and public sector bodies with significant influence over innovation agendas. To deliver this activity you must build deep relationships, creating trust and rapport with individuals at all business levels and through a variety of different organisational functions and departments. Through these partnerships you will create a pipeline of major strategic opportunities for CPI, and these opportunities should have the potential to deliver significant positive impacts for society and the economy. In order to deliver you must work closely with CPI’s internal stakeholders to ensure that relationships and opportunities align closely with overall business objectives, and tie into central plans and capabilities.
Main duties of the role include:
- To lead the creation and maintenance of impactful relationships with target Universities and public sector bodies within the region.
- To scope and engage wider regionals stakeholders and initiatives in order to enable CPI’s ambitions within the region.
- To confidently present CPI’s capability to external stakeholders at all levels using multiple delivery methods in order to consistently present key messages, including strategic priorities for innovation.
- To utilise a high degree of emotional intelligence to quietly and positively influence complex political situations.
- To interface effectively with CPIs internal stakeholders in order to build rapport with key individuals who will be required to shape and support activities.
- To utilise CPI’s internal processes to aid internal communication, account management and reporting.
Locations for this role: North West and North East (Office and Home working)
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated candidate who has an extensive background in collaboration, partnerships, business development and complex account management. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to sensitively engage and motivate senior stakeholders across a wide range of topics. It’s essential that the successful candidate is educated to at least degree level in a Science or Engineering discipline or other relevant disciplines and should also have significant experience of relevant working environments post degree. Experience within the public sector will be beneficial.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.