HR Operations ManagerApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
At CPI, our incredible people are at the heart of everything we do, meaning we continuously strive to enhance our people offering whilst continuing to grow at pace as a company. To help drive our people initiatives, we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Operations Manager to join our growing team. In this role you will report to the Head of People, will lead and inspire the HR Operations team, and will oversee and manage the continuous improvement of the operational aspects of the HR function; ensuring that HR processes and procedures are efficient, accurate, compliant with laws and regulations, and aligned with CPI’s strategic goals.
The HR team currently consists of 2 HR Advisors, 1 Senior HR Business Partner, 3 HR Business Partners, 1 HR Operations Manager, 3 HR Assistants, 2 HR/L&D Apprentices, 1 HR Placement Student and 5 L&D Specialists. The HR & L&D teams are led by the Head of People and the Head of L&D who report into the Chief People Officer. Through effective internal teamwork, we work purposefully to deliver an incredible employee experience for our people. We are solutions-focused and empowered to deliver HR excellence.
As the HR Operations Manager you will lead and develop a motivated, high performing and fully flexible HR Operations team to deliver high quality HR support to all of CPI’s people; providing a world class employee experience. In this role you will lead the management, analysis and communication of key people data and information through ownership and maintenance of our HR systems, tools and operational processes. Key duties for this role include:
- To implement a fully flexible HR Operations model, leading the team by example, and supporting, inspiring and motivating them to deliver a top quality HR service.
- To design, implement, optimise and continuously improve HR processes that support the entire employee lifecycle, including activities such as recruitment and onboarding, employee performance management, compensation and benefits administration, and offboarding.
- To manage and analyse HR data, ensuring data integrity, generating reports and analytics for HR metrics and key performance indicators, determining return on investment of improvements, and identifying trends, patterns and areas for improvement in HR processes and practices.
- To ensure accurate, confidential and GDPR-compliant maintenance of employee records, including personal information, employment contracts, and other related documents.
- To conduct regular audits and quality checks to ensure compliance with HR processes and external regulations. This may include auditing employee files and managing HR-related audits from external entities.
This is a key role for the HR team and the successful candidate will be based on site with the HR Operations team at our Wilton site. It is expected that the successful candidate will be available to travel to our other sites in Darlington and Sedgefield as needed.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for someone who has practical understanding and experience in key HR processes and practice, leading a busy team and implementing major change programmes.
Knowledge and education
The ideal candidate would have a Degree in Human Resources.
Experience of managing and implementing projects.
Skills and experience
Extensive experience of data management and be adept at interpreting complex concepts and presenting them back to key stakeholders.
Proven background in managing complex projects with a keen understanding of project management disciplines and best practice.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.