Transactional Procurement Team LeaderApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As the Transactional Procurement Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading CPI’s transactional procurement team. You will ensure timely delivery of all goods and services in compliance with public procurement rules. Further, you will manage and control GRN Process to ensure that all goods and services are delivered in line with business needs. The jobholder will also be required to conduct periodic personal development reviews for all direct reports.
Main duties of the role include:
- Ensuring that all procurement systems are fully updated and maintained to meet departmental requirements.
- Developing and producing procurement related BI reports.
- To be the key link between Transactional and Strategic procurement operations.
- Introduction and maintenance of electronic Punch Out Catalogues where appropriate.
- To support and lead colleagues within the team, sharing expertise and identifying development opportunities for others ensuring they are equipped to deliver consistent procurement support to CPI.
- To organise the training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- To identify and implement other opportunities for continuous improvement in areas such as Stakeholder communication, Procurement Systems, stock and waste reduction and control of obsolete materials. Share relevant best practice from the other CPI sites at each warehouse.
- To develop staff communication skills and enable them to work positively with personnel throughout CPI in general, particularly with the technical teams and Stores in order to provide an excellent level of service to the business.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader who has a strong background in Procurement. It is essential you are educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a Procurement or Business-related subject or possess subsequent relevant experience. Candidates must also be CIPS qualified or part qualified. It is advantageous if candidates understand Public Contract Regulations or equivalent.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.