Principal / Senior Engineer – Complex ParticlesApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As a Principal Engineer – Complex Particles, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to CPI’s complex particles team, to commercial and collaborative R&D projects and influencing the scope and direction of Formulation strategy. In this role, you will act a technical expertise and provide advice to a range of stakeholders. You will also manage the technical coaching and development of junior staff.
Main duties of the role:
- To identify new technical developments and trends, translate these into building blocks for opportunities across and outside of CPI and initiate the creation of (new) technological innovations/applications.
- To utilise own expert knowledge to inform the technology strategy at business unit level, translating this into practice through the creation of deliverable plans to achieve business unit objectives.
- To build, influence and exploit a network of relevant (inter)national external stakeholders, customers, partners, research organisations and authorities, to represent CPI as the technical expert in networks and discuss and lobby for projects and future developments.
- To actively contribute to a culture of continuous capability development within teams, in alignment with company strategy and project deliverables. This will be achieved by coaching and developing colleagues, (both technically and behaviourally) to help them reach their potential and acting as a mentor to senior colleagues across the organisation, providing a strategic perspective.
- To set up, plan and execute experimental / pilot scale runs and analyse, interpret and report the results of these, translating obtained findings and knowledge.
- To be responsible for providing clearly documented records of technical data, decisions, methodologies, calculations and software use in an agreed format.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for someone to provide high-level technical expertise and leadership to CPIs Complex Particles team to deliver large scale / complex projects and develop business-unit level knowledge and practice. It is essential you are experienced in the processing, handling, characterisation and scale-up of powdered materials with a strong track record of complex problem solving and innovation in the area of powder science and technology. You must also have experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and working safely in a R&D laboratory/Pilot plant environment.
Please note, we are open to applications from high potential Senior Engineers who are looking to develop to Principal Engineer. Salaries are as follows:
- Principal Engineer — £45,000 — £60,000 per annum
- Senior Engineer — £38,000 — £45,000 per annum
Please refer to the job description for the required level of qualification and experience. It is expected that Principal Engineers will be highly recognised experts in their area of expertise with significant time spent in industry and/or academia at a senior level. Senior Engineers will also be experts in their area of expertise, with time spent in industry and a strong academic background.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.