Scientist – AnalyticalApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As a Scientist in Analytical, you will be responsible for providing a range analytical biochemistry services in order to contribute towards the success of projects which are complex and diverse. You will contribute to the delivery and realisation of project work through preparation, development, research, design, testing and analysis work in line with team and business unit requirements. Duties include:
- To be responsible for general duties that ensure the day-to-day running of the laboratory, such a booking in work, stock checking, ordering, SOP writing, Risk Assessments.
- Undertaking a diverse range of biochemistry testing to serve core service requirements supporting fermentation and other activities as directed.
- Preparing samples and undertaking chromatographic, spectrophotometric and other assays.
- Writing basic analytical reports of results.
- Providing a basic level of technical advice and training to other users of the equipment for which you are responsible for.
For full details of the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Exhibits professional mastery of principles and practices in HPLC/UPLC, or GC, gained in academic or industrial environments and can demonstrate evidence of knowledge sharing and network building practice across teams or groups.
- Has ability to apply theoretical and practical knowledge to trouble-shoot methods and evaluate results with basic independence.
- Holds an awareness of GLP/GMP working requirements and processes.
- Has confidence to use own judgement and initiative to complete tasks and when to seek advice from colleagues.
- Has significant hands on experience of working in a biochemistry laboratory setting.
It is essential that the successful candidate is educated to HNC or foundation degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific/engineering discipline plus relevant industrial experience or educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific/engineering discipline.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.