Purchase Ledger AdministratorApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As the Purchase Ledger Administrator, you will actively contribute to the realisation of CPI’s Financial Strategy, by performing effective, accurate and timely work to support the delivery of the finance department’s ongoing business objectives and targets. This will include maintaining accurate and up to date purchase ledger(s), ensure suppliers are paid on time and to ensure all related documents are kept in an effective and disciplined manner.
- To maintain purchase ledger(s), mainly including (but not limited to):
- Accurately coding invoices with VAT, project and nominal codes
- Processing invoices
- Scanning invoices, delivery notes and other documents to be uploaded onto our financial system
- Filing documents in a neat, disciplined manner.
- To resolve internal and external customer queries in relation to invoices received. This will involve building and maintaining good relationships especially with our procurement department and suppliers.
- To prepare and process payment runs as and when required
- To process high volume expense forms whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- To resolve the queries of end users of financial systems in an efficient, helpful and positive manner.
More details of the role and the associated responsibilities can be found in the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has experience of working in a purchase ledger function
- Possesses a conscientious, methodical and diligent approach
- Has strong personal commitment to internal client service excellent
- Has excellent planning and time management skills
- Has experience of maintaining consistent, high standards of accuracy and handling operational details
- It is essential that the successful candidate is educated to GCSE 4 – 9, including maths and English.
For more details of the requirements and expectations of the role, please refer to the job description.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.