Research Scientist – Colloid Science (NanoPharma)Apply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are seeking to recruit a Research Scientist to deliver innovation projects for customers from a range of industry sectors relevant to formulation, including nanopharmaceuticals. As the Research Scientist, you will work with colleagues on the design and technical delivery of projects that require Colloid Science or Nanopharma knowledge and will be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure it operates in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties of the role include:
- Discussing project needs; set up, plan and execute scientific experiments and analyse, interpret and report results to agreed timescales
- Provide clearly documented records of technical data, decisions, methodologies, calculations and software using an agreed format
- Contribute to the delivery of Formulation projects through the provision of Colloid Science or Nanopharmaceuticals knowledge.
- Apply measurement techniques to characterise properties relevant to colloidal performance.
The person we are seeking
Candidates should be educated to at least degree (preferably PhD) level in Chemistry, Physics or a related field and will have significant, demonstrated, laboratory experience in using common laboratory equipment for creating colloidal formulations and measuring colloidal properties (e.g. rheology). Significant experience in colloid dispersions and properties for nanopharma applications is preferred. Applicants must be able to effectively use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will be committed to, and actively seek opportunities to develop themselves within this new and exciting role.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
This role is fixed term for 12 months.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email firstname.lastname@example.org