Manager — Analytical and FormulationApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
You will supervise and manage the Analytical and Formulation teams, ensuring delivery of a broad project portfolio, whilst ensuring personal development, retention and use of specialist knowledge by the team. The scope of team activities encompasses both formulation and characterisation of biopharmaceuticals such as proteins, viral vectors, and nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial, insect, yeast cells and/or cell-free systems. You will provide solutions to complex technical problems, leading by example to contribute to the realisation of project objectives, whilst also supporting the implementation of the Biologics business unit strategy.
Duties for this role include:
- Management of the relevant team’s goals and performance, sharing and translating area strategy, ensuring identification and delivery of departmental goals, providing feedback and motivation to team members and enabling individuals to meet their potential.
- Providing strong managerial support and performance management, coordinating recruitment and managing allocation of resource to ensure project delivery and longer-term planning of deliverables.
- Technical leadership of multidisciplinary project teams focused on the development of therapeutic biologic manufacturing processes, with particular expertise and contribution to product formulation, analytical method development and use to characterise in-process and final product samples
- To keep up with knowledge, new developments and trends in Analytical and Formulation Science and support the advancement of CPI’s offer to external stakeholders, customers, partners and research organisations.
- Maintaining a presence in the lab, leading by example to deliver projects whilst also training and empowering the team.
For full details of the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has significant theoretical knowledge and practical experience of the design, verification and utilisation of analytical methods for characterisation of in process and final product biopharmaceuticals
- Expertise on the design and delivery of formulation screens to identify optimal excipients for biologic product stability and activity
- Displays flexibility in leadership styles and empowers others to constantly achieve and strive to exceed personal and company objectives
- Has a strong track record of developing and managing highly effective teams and the personal development & coaching of scientists at different stages in their career
- Exhibits professional mastery of principles and practises gained through extensive research and development activities in the area of analytical and formulation science with diverse knowledge gained in either an academic or industrial environment
- Demonstrated track record of leading the technical delivery of multi-disciplinary projects and being the primary technical contact for clients and/or other stakeholders
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email firstname.lastname@example.org