Senior Electronics Design EngineerApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
To meet the demand from new projects, we are offering the chance of a temporary Senior Electronics Design Engineer position in our multi-disciplinary Electronics and Photonics team, working on projects in the Medical Technologies, and Automotive markets. The job can be done by remote working, if preferred, so this is a very flexible opportunity for someone with the right skills.
The job involves design, development and testing of optical sensors for health monitoring and battery testing. Duties include but are not limited to:
- To provide in-house electronics design in support of projects.
- To design and develop PCB and control systems and provide operational electronics development, prototype design and testing — both analogue and digital.
- To create embedded system design and implementation and to code appropriate embedded software.
- To collaborate with engineering colleagues to find robust production ready solutions, including electrical safety design.
The person we are seeking
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or Physics
Good knowledge and understanding of processes of electronic product development and realisation and the operation and design of electronic systems and circuits
- Design and development of embedded software to interface with analogue & digital circuits
- Digital and analogue circuit design
- PCB layout/schematic capture
- Build, test and fault finding
Desirable skills, experience
Good knowledge and understanding of electronic device operation and fabrication as well as electronic sensors, measurement systems and instrumentation.
Proven ability to build and manage supply chains
- Experience of analogue amplification
- Design, development or manufacture of photonic systems or photonics-enabled products
- Design, development or manufacture of electronic devices
- Practical use of simulation tools for electronic design
- Practical use of automated and manual tools for surface mount electronics assembly
- Risk management
- Working with relevant ISO standards such as 13485 or 60601 – 1
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email email@example.com