Office AdministratorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Due to an internal secondment, CPI has an opportunity for an Office Administrator to join the established Administration team based at NETPark, Sedgefield. In this role you will be based front of the house supporting all visitors and staff. Where you will advise on enquiries and provide high-quality administration support.
Key tasks in the role will include (but are not limited to) the below:
- Provide reception duties which include answering the main switchboard and dealing appropriately with all calls and taking messages.
- Assist with all visitors, including tours to facilities, managing the PPE supplies, and ensuring all visitors to CPI are received and hosted appropriately.
- Arrange and ensure the smooth running of meetings, including the coordination of room bookings, collating papers and ensuring refreshments are available.
- Coordinate inductions for all new starters, including ensuring appropriate office accommodation, IT and phones are available.
- Manage inbox and field enquiries.
- Provide diary management for senior managers.
- Assist CPI Staff in arranging travel and accommodation both inside and outside of the UK following the travel procedure and ensuring the best value for money.
- Input data into the company’s CRM system to keep it up to date.
- Raise purchase orders as requested, place orders as appropriate using the correct procedure and always ensure best value for money.
- Provide administrative support to managers by attending project meetings to take notes and actions and providing an audit trail of actions in preparation for the next meeting.
- Conduct general office duties as required including photocopying, scanning, ordering stationery and other consumables.
- Responsible for booking and monitoring the meeting rooms and hot desks at each facility.
- Take part in other admin activities and support other functions of the business as and when required. Any additional activities undertaken will be commensurate with the level of this role.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant SHE regulations and guidelines relevant to office space, including DSE assessments.
The person we are seeking
It is essential that you are:
- Educated to NVQ / QCF level 3 (or equivalent) in Business Administration.
- Previous experience of providing administrative support in an organisation of a similar size to CPI.
- Advanced user of Microsoft IT packages including Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.