Manager – DigitalApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As the Manager of Digital, you will be at the forefront of CPI Biologics Digital and Data strategy working to define and resource it’s implementation plan. You will provide high-level leadership and expertise in this area, managing and developing a team whilst acting as the technical lead in medium/large scale and highly complex projects, drawing upon a broad range of technical know-how to provide carefully thought-through advice and expertise to a range of stakeholders across the organisation. This includes providing solutions to complex technical problems and contributing to the realisation of project objectives, within Biologics strategy and business needs, in order to gain insight into new developments and opportunities.
Specifically within this role, you will own CPI Biologics Digital and Data strategy, to define and resource its implementation plan. You will supervise and manage the Digital team, in alignment with Biologics Digital and Data strategy, to ensure personal development, retention and use of specialist knowledge and expertise in a range of digital areas including Data Science, Information Management, Automation and Artificial Intelligence.
For more information on the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is educated to PhD level (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science or Data Science Discipline.
- Holds expertise in data management applications in bioprocess development setting, including practical experience of working within a laboratory environment
- Has extensive experience of information management in the context of laboratory notebook and LIMS systems
- Has knowledge of data modelling, database design and SQL
- Has knowledge of control and automation concepts
- Holds experience of software tools covering areas of simulation for process control & modelling, planning, scheduling
- Has working knowledge and broad experience of IT packages, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Has significant, demonstrated, technical mastery in the design of development of digitisation projects including data acquisition, equipment integration as well as a compelling track record of complex technical problem solving.
- Has knowledge or experience of biologics processing operations and equipment, such as Fermentation Bioreactors and Downstream Processing Rigs
It would be beneficial for the role if you:
- Have considerable expertise of the management and development of interdisciplinary teams, preferably gained in industry.
- Understand Lean 6 sigma and 5S and its application
- Have experience of working in highly regulated environments
- Have working knowledge of simulation tools including process control and modelling software, such as Labview or Matlab
- Have working knowledge of planning/scheduling software tools. e.g. Project, Monday, Trello
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email email@example.com