Process Support OperatorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI has an opportunity for a Process Support Operator to join the Operations team at the state-of-the-art Medicines Manufacturing Innovation Centre (MMIC). Located in Renfrewshire, the MMIC is a collaboration between CPI, the University of Strathclyde, UK Research & Innovation, Scottish Enterprise and founding industry partners, AstraZeneca and GSK.
In this role, working day shift patterns, Monday – Friday you will provide operational support within the MMIC building in line with team and business unit requirements. This work will typically include warehouse activities, dispensary operations, plant and equipment cleaning and operation of some utilities equipment (e.g. wastewater treatment), and other duties to ensure the smooth running of the facility, in a GMP environment. You will work under some supervision of line manager and senior colleagues, supporting a range of activities to meet business unit objectives, contributing to the realisation of project work.
You can learn more about the team and the projects at MMIC through some of the video links below:
Key tasks in the role will include (but are not limited to) the below:
- To ensure that as tasks are completed the relevant documentation is fully completed, and that any issues, deviations, or improvement opportunities identified are highlighted appropriately.
- To be a point of contact for technical project staff to address support requests and issues within the Technicians area of responsibility (e.g., a request for some dispensed material).
- To maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping within the operations envelope of the facility are critical in preventing any possible product contamination and maintaining the GMP standard of the facility — the Process Support Operators are responsible for this being maintained (with the support of Technical, Engineering and Quality staff as appropriate).
- To carry out all tasks to ensure material is available for production, including booking in, sampling, movement, dispensary activities and waste/final product handling.
- To perform day to day operational tasks in support of any project where it is deemed you are appropriately qualified and trained; for the avoidance of doubt this could be on any project or piece of equipment at any scale, subject to the prerequisite training and safety inductions.
The person we are seeking
You will have experience working in in a GMP Operational Role in a warehouse and dispensary function and be educated to a minimum of Standard Grade in Maths and English.
It is essential that the successful candidate holds relevant experience in a GMP environment and can describe the main requirements of GMP principles. As well as having relevant experience in an environment with similar hazards to the MMIC and can describe some of these.
You will also possess fundamental practical knowledge of plant operations, including ancillaries and warehouses, and be able to demonstrate conformance with SHE and Quality standards.
You will be able to demonstrate confidence to use your judgement and initiative within routine activities, as well as an understanding of when to seek advice from managers or colleagues.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.