Manufacturing Apprentice (Off-Site)Apply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI’s Industrial Biotechnology and Biorefining platform have two exciting opportunities available for individuals who are looking to develop their career within a Science Manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Apprenticeship is a multi-skilled role which will support the Biotechnology area of the platform. You will be responsible for:
- Working both independently and within a team to start-up, operate and shut down a manufacturing batch or continuous process in line with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures, whilst understanding the principles of operation.
- To work in a safe and efficient manner with due regard to the SHE rules and policies on the CPI site
- Responsible for general housekeeping for the area you are working within.
- Completing documentation relevant to the manufacturing process including relevant calculations.
- Carrying out routine analytical sampling tasks in line with agreed schedules, recording all results in the appropriate system and reporting back on any anomalies.
- Supporting the wider team with specific projects as requested and carry out other ad-hoc duties as determined by the needs of the organization
Alongside the duties and responsibilities of the role, the successful candidate will work towards the completion of their Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard as a Science Manufacturing Technician, supported by the company.
The first year of the apprenticeship will begin off-site at a training facility located in Teesside, training towards a Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology. The second and third year will be spent training on site.
The person we are seeking
Applicants must be educated to GCSE level, with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade 9 — 4 or equivalent including English, Mathematics and Science. It would be desirable for candidates to be educated to A Level in a scientific discipline however, this is not essential.
The opportunity requires an ability to communicate effectively to both colleagues and customers on a technical level. You must have a strong attention to detail and have the desire to complete work to a high standard. You should also be proactive in your approach to work and have the initiative to consider all options before arriving to a conclusion. In addition, you must always show a professional attitude, maintaining a high standard of time keeping and reliability.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
The role is fixed term for up to 3 years
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email firstname.lastname@example.org