Senior Scientist – Data AnalyticsApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
As the Senior Scientist – Data Analytics you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment, championing and leading the use of Data Science techniques including Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Multivariate Analysis, to support innovation in Biotherapeutics. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and input in order to contribute to the delivery and realisation of collaborative and commercial projects, helping our clients and partners develop new products, processes and manufacturing solutions. In this challenging role, you will act as technical lead in small and medium scale projects, and projects of some complexity. As a specialist in your field, you will be offering innovative solutions at business unit level, contributing to development and improvement activities.
We have two positions available, each with a different focus:
- A data science specialist with emphasis on the use of design of experiments approaches and statistical analysis to analyse, interpret and utilise scientific data plus the use of process analytical technologies and their application to the bioprocessing industry
- A data engineer specialist with a focus on data acquisition, integration and data mining plus implementing methods to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality. This includes the building and use of data architecture including ETL pipelines, databases and large scale processing systems, employing a variety of tools and languages to integrate systems into the data architecture
For more details on the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for someone who:
- Possess significant, technical expertise and professional mastery of principles of data science, including artificial intelligence/machine learning and related technologies.
- Has experience with scripting in one or more of these languages: PHP, Matlab, R/RStudio, Python, Julia etc.
- Is educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a Computer Science/Biological Science/Mathematics discipline plus significant industrial experience.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
This role is partially funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014 – 2020.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email email@example.com