Technical SpecialistApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
The Medicine Manufacturing Innovation Centre (MMIC) is a new state-of-the-art centre designed to accelerate the development of a new generation of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes. Through MMIC, CPI and University of Strathclyde have created a partnership between the public and private sectors based on their combined expertise in creating value from the discovery and translation of technology solutions for industry; turning great ideas and innovation into reality.
As the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the technical input to Project SCOUT (a CPI — University of Strathclyde collaboration) to provide innovation advice to Scottish SMEs working in the high value chemical and biochemical manufacturing supply chain. This includes SMEs in the following areas: Pharmaceuticals; Biotechnology and other Life sciences; Chemical sciences; Digital technology; Novel process technology and Regulatory services. The intent of the SCOUT project is to accelerate disruptive innovation within the SMEs which can provide step changes in economics and sustainability, by providing advice on the translation of research concepts into industrialised manufacturing technologies.
You will also be providing technical support to the Medicines Manufacturing Facility and its Grand Challenges. More information on our Grand Challenges can be found here.
For full details of the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Can demonstrate a technical background in Life and Chemical Sciences with experience of managing multiple project-based activities.
- Is adept at managing and mitigating risk and have prior experience of new technology industrialisation.
- Has good people management, is a team player and is pro-active with a “can-do” attitude
- Experience of the requirements, the reporting needs and the implementation of projects in both the public and private sector such as IUK and ERDF will be an advantage.
- Has experience of providing technical services to multiple customers
- Has experience of communication and management of senior external stakeholders
- Has experience of the evaluation and industrialisation of new Pharma technology
- Understands the complexity of translating ideas into fundable project propositions
- Has experience in forming and maintaining extensive networks for knowledge sharing
- Has deep technical knowledge and problem-solving skills in your area of specialism
It is essential that the individual meets at least one of the below criteria for a relevant Scientific/Engineering discipline:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) plus significant industrial experience at a senior level
- Educated to Master Degree level (or equivalent) plus significant industrial experience
- Educated to PhD level (or equivalent) plus relevant industrial experience
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
The role is partially funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014 – 2020.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email email@example.com