Scientist — AnalyticalApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI is seeking to recruit an Analytical Scientist to support the characterisation of in-process and final product biotherapeutics and biopharmaceuticals related to the development of manufacturing processes for novel biopharmaceuticals. These include recombinant proteins, viral vectors, antibody drug conjugates and nanomedicines. This role will require the design and development, verification and utilisation of new analytical methods in line with team and business unit requirements.
You will work using your own initiative and with some technical supervision from your manager and senior colleagues.
You will be responsible for:
- To work collaboratively with other analytical scientists as well as upstream and downstream scientists to develop analytical methods for novel biopharmaceutical products.
- To perform analytical experiments, including UPLC/HPLC, sub-particle analysis, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, and capillary electrophoresis and subsequent sample analysis and data analysis.
- To coordinate with downstream/upstream scientists on analytical result outputs and supporting process technology development.
- To stay abreast of the current state of the art methods in analytical characterisation of biotherapeutics and taking ownership for the introduction of new technologies into CPI.
- To build and maintaining a network of relevant internal stakeholders, to represent self and the wider team as a credible professional in networks and groups.
The person we are seeking
The successful candidate will be looking for a uniquely challenging and varied role with the scope to make a real impact in this exciting and growing industry. Candidates will have higher level qualifications in a relevant area and industrial experience would be desirable. It is essential the successful candidate has relevant experience of analytical techniques for protein characterisation methods to contribute to business activities. It is desirable that the successful candidate has experience with mass spectrometry for protein characterisation or experience with Next Generation Sequencing.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email firstname.lastname@example.org