Head of Asset EngineeringApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
You will ensure that CPI’s assets are safe for use and perform in accordance with the design intent. You will also be responsible for leading a diverse and flexible team to build, maintain and manage an effective asset engineering capability. You will manage priorities and demands across CPI’s sites and diverse technologies to maximise the benefit to CPI in line with CPI’s strategy. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing a company-wide Engineering and Sustainable Maintenance strategy that also supports the Corporate strategy and objectives.
Duties of the role will include:
- To undertake all management activities to ensure the smooth running of the team. This will include:
- Medium to long term forecasting and planning of activities and objectives
- Setting team and individual objectives to meet departmental, business unit, and company objectives, contributing to the wider strategy
- Identifying and conducting performance management activities to ensure behaviours and performance of team meet required expectations, providing training and/or relevant support where needed
- Act as a point of contact for team members’ queries and escalations with regards to more complex matters
- Conduct regular meetings, one to one sessions and performance development conversations with team members to ensure high levels of communication, feedback and performance across the team
- To ensure the ongoing professional development of technicians and engineers to ensure capability is aligned with emerging technologies and equipment, including responsibility for CPI’s craft apprentices
- To evaluate organisational design and (work) processes, evaluate bottlenecks and initiate and implement organisational and/or process improvements.
The person we are seeking
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a Scientific/Engineering discipline plus relevant industrial experience at senior level. Alternatively, the successful candidate will have significant industrial experience within a senior engineering position. It essential that the candidate can demonstrate knowledge and experience of sustainable maintenance and engineering of assets in the chemical, bio-chemical, pharmaceutical or emerging electronics industry.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
This role will be primarily be based in the North East of England with occasional travel to Glasgow.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 3 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email firstname.lastname@example.org