Junior Warehouse CoordinatorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Warehouse Co-Ordinator to join our well-established team. You will be supporting the facilities management team and warehouse operating areas in delivering safe, effective, and efficient warehousing and inventory control to enable project delivery. The team provide aid across the whole of the CPI site they are working from, in this instance this will be Newton Aycliffe.
You will be working with multiple businesses and projects, with opportunities to grow and develop within the role. Key tasks in the role will include (but are not limited to) the below:
- To maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality and best practice requirements.
- To provide assistance to the different CPI warehouses, learning the day-to-day requirements of the business and how the warehousing department impact this.
- To assist in the managing of compliance with the required safety, housekeeping, and quality systems, working closely with the Facilities and Warehouse teams.
- To ensure that raw materials and consumables are allocated to the correct projects so that costs are correctly captured.
- To develop a knowledge and awareness of warehouse integrity, including accountability of all goods in/out movements so that inventory control is maintained.
- Adequately package all items and parts for repair for safe delivery to the customer or vendors, assisting the warehouse co-ordinators in liaising with the various carriers used for delivery to customers.
- To plan and prioritise tasks, review and evaluate progress against objectives and investigate alternative scenarios.
The person we are seeking
It is essential you have a minimum of GCSE level (or equivalent) education in Maths or English.
- Be proactive in your approach to work, be able to communicate effectively to a range of people and show a professional attitude to work at all times.
- Have experience of working in a warehouse environment and with knowledge of Orders and Inventory Control Systems e.g. SAP/SAGE, purchasing systems. Including experience using Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word.
- Have good attention to detail, able to work under pressure to a high standard and have the initiative to consider all options before arriving at a conclusion.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.