Scientist — Medical TechnologiesApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are looking to recruit a Scientist to contribute to exciting project work involving the development and testing of new medical devices within our Healthcare Photonics Centre. As well as carrying out experimental work on projects, you will also be responsible for day to day operation of a suite of 4 bio-science laboratories containing a range of advanced analytical equipment. You will work using your own initiative and with some technical supervision from your manager and senior colleagues assisting with development and improvement activities. Duties include:
- To exercise knowledge and experience in biomedical research towards the development of medical technologies.
- To handle clinical samples, cultured cells and biomolecules, working under appropriate regulatory and safety regulations with detailed recording of use and disposal.
- To assist with the development of immuno- and other assays on novel diagnostic devices.
- To be responsible for discussing project needs; setting up, planning and executing scientific experiments and analysing, interpreting and reporting results within agreed timescales and standards.
- To take ownership of keeping up to date with relevant methods and techniques in area(s) of work, as well as developing, implementing and improving existing methods and techniques.
The person we are seeking
You should possess technical expertise and have a good underpinning knowledge of principles and practices in biomedical science, gained in academic or industrial environments. You should have experience in laboratory-based work and be competent in the use of advanced laboratory equipment, including fluorescent microscopes, spectrometers, multimode plate readers, qPCR instruments, as well as other standard equipment. You must also have experience in handling clinical samples and possess the knowledge of related regulatory and safety requirements. Competency in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture is also required. Previous experience in assay development is desirable.
It is essential that the successful candidate is educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
Applying takes 4 simple steps. We don’t anticipate any issues but if you have any please email email@example.com