(Senior) Research Technician – High-Throughput FormulationApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are seeking to recruit a (Senior) Research Technician to work in our state-of-the-art High-Throughput Formulation facilities, within an experienced and growing team in this area. As the (Senior) Research Technician, you will be responsible for the running, cleaning and some maintenance of high-throughput formulation automated equipment (robots for dispensing ingredients, mixing formulations and screening their material properties), generating data to support delivery of key innovation projects.
Duties of the role include:
• To maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality and best practice requirements.
• To be responsible for providing clearly documented records of technical data, decisions, methodologies, calculations and software use in an agreed format.
• Contribute to the delivery of formulations projects through the delivery of practical High-Throughput Formulation knowledge.
• Applying a range of (high-throughput) measurement techniques to characterise and determine material properties.
• To be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure it operates in a safe and efficient manner and is available to meet customer needs.
The person we are seeking
Candidates should be educated to A level (or equivalent) in Chemistry. Industrial experience in one of the formulation sectors would be advantageous. Significant, demonstrated practical experience in high-throughput experimentation, formulation process and/or measurement equipment would be preferable. The candidate will be expected to be able to effectively use common packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint: further IT interest (e.g. database use, simple programming) would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will be committed to, and actively seek opportunities to develop themselves within this new and exciting role.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
We understand filling in long forms can be a pain. We suggest making a cup of tea so you are ready to fill this in. You have 3 hours before the form will timeout.