Apprentice Project ManagerApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI is offering exciting opportunities to be part of our new project management apprenticeship programme. The role is designed to equip you with the skills you need to become a skilled project manager alongside working with state-of-the-art facilities, and with the industry’s leading scientists, engineers, and commercialisation specialists.
You will be responsible for supporting the project management activities for your business unit, working alongside the relevant Project Managers and technical teams, and contributing to the successful delivery of projects.
Duties of the role include:
- To support the project team in preparing and updating project management documentation following CPI’s Project Management process.
- Coordinate with and assist project managers in the day-to-day running of projects.
- To manipulate and format project data.
- To gain approval of, refine and update project documentation.
- To help prepare and maintain communication plans, such as arranging and participating in project meetings.
- To help facilitate project progress via interaction with CPI’s functions.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders across a range of projects.
- To support the Project Management Office (PMO) as required.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
We are offering the opportunity to study as an Apprentice Project Manager, where you will develop professional-level, job-specific skills while studying towards your degree and earning a salary. Incorporated into this is our Professional Skills Development Programme, giving you the opportunity to work alongside others within CPI towards achieving specific targets on a social action project.
By the end of the programme, you will achieve a BSc (Hons) Project Management degree through Northumbria University.
To be eligible for our degree-level apprenticeship programme you will need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A*-C (9 – 4), including English Language, and Mathematics.
- Must hold or be predicted to achieve 120 UCAS points from A‑levels (or equivalent e.g., BTEC National Certificate), one of which must be in a scientific or business subject.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for a number of self-motivated, confident, reliable candidates who can organise workload to meet both departmental objectives and learning outcomes. The successful candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to manage time effectively. It is important that successful candidates can take responsibility for personal development, demonstrating a commitment to learning and self-improvement. The candidates will also have experience with IT packages, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Successful candidates should have some awareness of project management processes and techniques.
It would be advantageous if you have any of the below:
- Practical experience working within a laboratory environment
- Practical experience of leading team
Understand the fundamentals project management process
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
This apprenticeship will be studied at Northumbria University and is a four-year course.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.