Business Development ManagerApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join its growing team. In this role you will undertake Business Development activity in line with CPI’s strategy. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and be able to effectively network with academic and industry partners who wish to develop novel products through the application of printed electronics and healthcare photonics.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify privately funded opportunities to develop Research & Development Projects with commercial customers. Projects will typically be ranging from £25k — £250k, with the total sales income for the year determined by the Commercial plan for the business. Projects are delivered utilising the extensive skills and resources contained in CPI’s Printable Electronics and Healthcare Photonics facilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to raise the profile of CPI and the specific capability of printed electronics and healthcare photonics offering through targeted networking and attendance at a range of events.
The role will operate primarily across the UK and EU and has the opportunity for travel further afield. The successful candidate would need to be in possession of a full UK driving licence, as you will be expected to regularly work at other sites depending on business needs.
The person we are seeking
Candidates must be educated to degree level or equivalent in electronics, physics, engineering or related discipline. PhD qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, as are those with a deep understanding of the industrial applications of electronics, physics or engineering.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Business Development experience in Med-tech or Electronics industries
• Knowledge of the marketplace, competition and issues faced by Med-tech or Electronics businesses.
• Knowledge and experience of commercialisation strategies and routes for medical devices or electronics.
• Knowledge of the Internet of Things and how it will effect Med-Tech and Electronics Industries.
• A track record engaging with customers to understand their technical challenges, provide solutions and translate into profitable business.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience of CRM systems
It would be desirable if the candidate could demonstrate:
• Direct experience of developing medical technology products
• Direct experience of developing electronic products – especially for the Internet of Things.
• Familiarity with public sector innovation and technology funding mechanisms (e.g. Innovate UK, Horizon 2020)
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Presentation of appropriate original documents will be required.
Apply for the Job
Not what you are looking for? View all jobs.
We understand filling in long forms can be a pain. We suggest making a cup of tea so you are ready to fill this in. You have 3 hours before the form will timeout.