GMP OperatorApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI has opportunities for experienced GMP Operators (x3), who will join a growing GMP Operations team to support the Darlington site move into Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, supporting the operation of the GMP Manufacturing suites, and will report to the GMP Operations Manager, with support from the GMP Lead Preparation Operator. This is a really exciting time to join CPI’s Darlington site as you will be working within our brand new state-of-the-art facility and you have the chance to contribute to the manufacture of the latest innovative RNA pharmaceutical products.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the cGMP Grade D & C clean room manufacturing suites. Participating in the end-of-run batch cleaning, monthly and weekly cleaning, and any out-of-hours add-hock cleaning activities, ensuring cleaning activities are carried out to a high-level completing line clearances, component preparation tasks, and stock replenishment activities in accordance with cGMP Standard operating procedures. As well as meeting the KPIs for the running and the cleanliness of the state-of-the-art GMP Clean rooms.
- Participate in the management of the laundry service required for clean room garments, ensuring collection and replenishment activities are completed.
- Ensure critical cleanroom consumables, and gowning garments are replenished regularly ensuring no interruption to the manufacturing activities within the clean room suites.
- Critical to ensuring timelines are met with no interruptions to Time Critical Manufactures
- Follow weekly and monthly cleaning schedules, in conjunction with the GMP Ops team and planning coordinator, ensuring cleaning consumables and resources are available to maintain and Clean the GMP suites pre, post, and during manufactures.
- Ensure all training within health & safety, hygiene, and CPI’s GMP policies & procedures are up to date.
- Follow and apply Good Manufacturing Practices, and carry out quality and safety Housekeeping patrols as required.
Perform a variety of cleaning and hygiene tasks as detailed within the cleaning procedures.
The person we are seeking
You will have experience in cleaning techniques, ideally with specific experience working in clean room Grade D & C, and be educated to a minimum of A Level in Maths and English.
You should have experience working in a GMP environment or experience working within a document-controlled environment ideally within either pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or food manufacturing.
You will be able to demonstrate confidence to use your judgment and initiative within routine activities, as well as an understanding of when to seek advice from managers or colleagues.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.