Placement Student — HRApply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Fixed-term contract for 12 months starting in Summer 2023.
CPI has a great opportunity for a placement student to join our well established and growing Human Resources team, based at the Wilton Centre in Redcar. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, open to learning and will be as passionate as we are about our people to join us!
Year on year, our placement student cohort is growing and we are looking for a student who will join us to help attract, hire and onboard the next generation of talent. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has an interest in a career in HR and wants to gain experience of the employee lifecycle.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To coordinate the advertising process for CPI’s placement student intake, which includes ensuring all vacancies have maximum online coverage through social media, universities, job search pages.
- To actively promote all placement student opportunities and attend university careers fairs to maximise attraction to CPI vacancies.
- To coordinate placement student assessment days, working with hiring managers to arrange suitable dates, assessment agendas and activities, and sending invites to candidates.
- To deal with all onboarding paperwork following offers of employment which includes sending contracts of employment, references, medical and right to work checks.
- To ensure all recruitment and new starter systems are up to date so that the students hiring and onboarding experience runs smoothly, guiding managers on the onboarding process as and when needed.
- To support the coordination of the placement induction week, working with internal and external providers to deliver sessions, and attending in person to share own experiences of industrial placements.
- To support all other activities within the HR Operations team relating to the employee lifecycle.
The person we are seeking
This role would be most suited (though not limited to) someone who is studying towards a degree in Business / HR Management or other related field, and has a keen interest in pursuing a career in HR.
We are looking for someone who has knowledge of basic HR principles and some knowledge of Employment Law in the UK.
As we interact with people from all around the company on a daily basis, it is essential you are a good people person, effective communicator and enjoy building strong relationships with others.
It’s advantageous for you to have good attention to detail and analytical skills as you will be an active user of our HR system, excel and other IT systems.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV to support your application.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.