Junior Project ManagerApply Now
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI handles many projects of varying scale and scope, both commercial and public funded. The Junior Project Manager will be required to take overall responsibility for several external (customer) small-to-medium sized projects, working predominantly at our Wilton site for the Biotechnology Business Unit. As a Junior Project Manager, you will be required to deliver these non-strategic projects successfully to meet time, quality, and cost targets, realising measurable benefits and thereby ensuring satisfied customers.
Duties of the role include:
- To manage and deliver projects according to the agreed asset and resource plans, contracted deliverables and the agreed scope.
- To manage customer/partner relationships from project authorisation and initiation through to project closure ensuring regular communication and reporting of project progress versus the delivery contract.
- To support manage the financial performance of projects, utilising regular financial reports to monitor actual spend versus the quotation and forecast; Identify spending anomalies
- To have excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for the job holder to establish a good rapport with customers from an early stage and to develop a strong and constructive relationship with the delivery team.
The person we are seeking
Candidates must be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering/Science or Business-related subject. It would also be desirable, though not essential, to have experience in biotechnology, biochemistry or process engineering.
It is essential that the successful candidate understands the fundamental project management process along with being able to demonstrate practical experience of managing a project as the Project Manager with financial and overall delivery responsibility. The successful candidate will be driven, motivated, ambitious and have good people management.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Hybrid Working will be offered for this role with its Primary office location as Wilton.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.