Junior Warehouse CoordinatorApply Now
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Due to an internal promotion, CPI has an opportunity for a Junior Warehouse Coordinator to join our well-established warehouse team. The team provides support across the whole of the CPI site they are working from, in this instance, this will be Sedgefield.
You will be responsible for supporting the facilities management team and warehouse operating areas in delivering safe, effective, and efficient warehousing and inventory control in support of project delivery.
You will be working with multiple businesses and projects, with opportunities to grow and develop within the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- To maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality, and best practice requirements.
- To provide support to the different CPI warehouses, learning the day-to-day requirements of the business and how the warehousing department impact this.
- To assist in the managing of compliance with the required safety, housekeeping, and quality systems, working closely with the Facilities and Warehouse teams.
- To ensure that raw materials and consumables are allocated to the correct projects so that costs are correctly captured.
- To develop an understanding of warehouse integrity, including accountability of all goods in/out movements so that inventory control is maintained.
- Adequately package all items and parts for repair for safe delivery to the customer or vendors, assisting the warehouse coordinators in liaising with the various carriers used for delivery to customers.
- To plan and prioritise tasks, review and evaluate progress against objectives and investigate alternative scenarios.
The person we are seeking
It is essential you have five GCSE’s grade 9 – 4/ A*-C (or equivalent), including English and Mathematics.
You will be proactive in your approach to work, be able to communicate effectively to a range of people, and show a professional attitude to work at all times.
You must also have experience of working in a warehouse environment and with knowledge of Orders and Inventory Control Systems e.g. SAP/SAGE, purchasing systems. You should also have experience using Microsoft Office such as Excel and Outlook.
You will have good attention to detail, be able to work under pressure to a high standard, and have the initiative to consider all options before arriving at a conclusion.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Please ensure you include a cover letter to be considered as this is one of the shortlisting criteria.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.