Senior QC ScientistApply Now
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
We’re embracing hybrid working to build a happier, more productive, and environmentally conscious workplace. Discover more about our new flexible working approach.Read more
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
The focus of this role is to set up and lead quality control support to the quality function, promoting and integrating quality into every aspect of our business, providing technical expertise and input on development and routine GMP analysis.
You will be working in our Biologics RNA Centre of Excellence and will be responsible for setting up our QC and Analytical lab to support development and routine GMP analysis. This is a really exciting role for someone who likes to be hands-on, especially in the initial stages, and is able to make decisions quickly and autonomously. As well as leading and building the QC team, you will also be given the opportunity to get involved in various internal projects such as out eQMS and D&I projects that are currently underway. CPI work with a number of different organisations across the UK which means we work on a variety of different projects which offer a diverse workload.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks in support of specific areas of the site quality control function mainly focusing on the development, sustainability, and continued improvement of the CPI Biologics RNA Centre of Excellence quality control function to meet GMP requirements. Key responsibilities are shown below;
- Understand the state-of-the-art of tools and knowledge in the application of analytical science in the Pharmaceutical sector.
- Support/supervision of other Quality Control Analysts and Technicians providing strong technical leadership, direction, and continuous development opportunities.
- Perform all Quality Control duties and tasks in accordance with relevant GMP guidelines.
- Qualification, calibration, and monitoring of analytical equipment.
- Manage outsourced QC activities with third parties.
- Support the site Pharmaceutical Quality System including input into investigations and/or CAPAs.
- Perform laboratory investigations and out-of-specification investigations to GMP standards.
- Author, review, and approval of SOPs, methods, and specifications.
Support both internal and external audits including writing reports, agreeing CAPA, and following these up as required.
The person we are seeking
It is essential that you have substantial GMP experience as well as strong experience in QC lab management as you will be setting up and leading the lab. It would be highly advantageous if you have previous experience setting up a lab and/or a team
You should at least be educated to HNC or Foundation Degree level (or equivalent) in a Scientific discipline plus significant industrial experience at a senior level.
Finally, team fit is really important as the quality team is very collaborative, you must be enthusiastic, proactive, have a can-do attitude, and be willing to mentor more junior members of the team.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.