Knowledge Transfer ManagerApply Now
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Supporting new materials innovation in the UK’s chemistry-using industries to help deliver society’s future technological needs and sustainability, you will work with leading academics to link companies with the Knowledge Centre for Materials Chemistry (KCMC) partner research institutions, delivering knowledge transfer through collaboration between industry and academia. You will develop the KCMC project portfolio at the research institutions leveraging investments in cutting-edge centres including the University of Liverpool’s Materials Innovation Factory, Stephenson Institute for Renewable Energy, Digital Innovation Factory, and the University of Bolton’s Institute for Materials Research. Main duties of the role include:
- Raise awareness of the KCMC within the chemistry-using industry in the UK and beyond
- Deliver agreed business goals for knowledge transfer with partner research institutions
- Working with leading academics and technologists, recommend how the capabilities of the KCMC should be developed to match the needs of industry and future markets
- Responsible for assigned Research Institutions’ research income generated up to £1.5 million pa
- Develop professional networks and identify opportunities for working across the knowledge base and High-Value Manufacturing Catapult Centres to de-risk and accelerate commercialisation of good ideas
- Widely promote the benefits of KCMC, the partners, and materials chemistry across the network to both businesses and public sector organisations
See www.materialschemistry.org for further information on KCMC. KCMC is hosted by CPI, one of its lead partners, which connects academia, businesses, and funders to
bring bright ideas and research into the marketplace https://www.uk-cpi.com/
The person we are seeking
You should hold a degree in Chemistry, Chemical engineering, or Materials Science (PhD desirable) or equivalent and must have relevant industrial experience, including R&D, project management, and legal/intellectual property requirements of industrial research. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of generating new projects and winning support for them from key stakeholders. Industrial experience relevant to functional materials and ceramics, energy storage and generation, catalysis, electrochemistry, formulation, polymer chemistry, coatings, and application of digital tools to research and innovation will be an advantage. In addition, candidates should:
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills which can be harnessed to lead and build effective teams, maintain professional working relationships at all times, and work positively and collaboratively with a range of colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and formulate recommendations
- Possess good critical information-seeking skills and the ability to use the information obtained to reach the most appropriate decision
- Have excellent IT and presentation skills
- Have the personal skills and professional expertise required to make a difference and add value to the post and the KCMC
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
This role will be home-based with regular travel to the University of Liverpool & the University of Bolton.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.